New catalouge with ideas for master thesis projects in Department of Food Science
A joint venture between universities and private enterprises has resulted in the development of a tool that can measure the degradation of the muscle structure in mechanically separated meat (MSM). All MSM is currently sold as a low-value product – although part of it is actually of high quality.
Michelle Williams from the Department of Food Science is coordinator of a new multi-layered project to unleash, stimulate and use European research potential for exploiting new opportunities in the fresh produce category.
Lime, fibre and stevia provide a cocktail of ingredients that can be added to fruit juice to increase its nutritional value and promote the sensory experience of the juice.
- Mon 25 Apr
- 08:00-22:00 | Campus Aarhus
Festival of Research 2016
The annual nationwide Festival of Research is drawing closer. This year, Aarhus University will be opening its doors to the general public on 29 April from 13.00 to 17.00
- Mon 30 May
- 09:30-17:00 | Teknologisk Institut, Gregersensvej 9, 2630 Taastrup
Online measurements in the meat industry – facts and trends
Interested in the latest trends regarding online measurements in the meat and food industry? Seminar at DMRI, Taastrup – May 30th 2016
- Mon 06 Jun
- 08:00-16:00 | AU-Foulum
PhD course: Designing and handling experiments in food science
- Thu 16 Jun
- 10:00-12:00 | Meeting Room 2.3, Conference Center Aarhus University
Master thesis defence 16 June at 10:00 a.m.
Anne Kathrine Larsen will have her Master thesis defence "Using Near-Infrared Spectroscopy for Analysis and Identity Confirmation of Raw Materials in Medical Chewing Gum" Thursday 16 June at 10:00 a.m. in meeting room 2.3, at Conferencecenter in Aarhus.
List of staff at Department of Food Science
Master's degree programme: Molecular Nutrition and Food Technology
FOOD involved in national initiative
- FOOD involved in NIC - National Ingredients Center
- FOOD involved in Danish FoodNetwork that works to generate growth and development in food SME's. FOOD's Head of Department Michelle Williams is a member of FoodNetworks board.
- FOOD is part of a large national joint application entitled "Rethink good food". The application has also led to Aarhus and Central Denmark been appointed as European Region of Gastronomy in 2017