New catalouge with ideas for master thesis projects in Department of Food Science
A joint venture between universities and private enterprises has resulted in the development of a tool that can measure the degradation of the muscle structure in mechanically separated meat (MSM). All MSM is currently sold as a low-value product – although part of it is actually of high quality.
Michelle Williams from the Department of Food Science is coordinator of a new multi-layered project to unleash, stimulate and use European research potential for exploiting new opportunities in the fresh produce category.
Lime, fibre and stevia provide a cocktail of ingredients that can be added to fruit juice to increase its nutritional value and promote the sensory experience of the juice.
- Thu 30 Jun
- 10:30-12:30 | Mødelokale 3, AU-Foulum
Master thesis defence 30 June 10:30 a.m.
Rebekka Thøgersen will have her Master thesis defence "Food-drug interactions; in vitro effects of stevia derived sweeteners on cytochrome P450 in pigs" Thursday 30 June at 10:30 a.m. in meeting room 3 at AU-Foulum.
- Fri 01 Jul
- 13:00-15:00 | Meeting Room 2.3, Conference Center Aarhus University
Master thesis defence 1 july at 1.00 p.m.
Javier Gines Galera will have his Master thesis defence "The drip loss hypothesis. A comparative study of the principal factors affecting WHC on extended raw chicken breast using carrageenan and soy protein isolates" Friday 1 July at 1:00 p.m. in meeting room 2.3 at Conferencecenter in Aarhus.
- Thu 18 Aug
- 08:00-16:00 | AU-Aarslev
PhD course: Introduction to multivariate data analysis (chemometrics)
- Thu 18 Aug
- 08:00-18:24 | AU-Aarslev
PhD course: Introduction to metabolomics
List of staff at Department of Food Science
Master's degree programme: Molecular Nutrition and Food Technology
FOOD involved in national initiative
- FOOD involved in NIC - National Ingredients Center
- FOOD involved in Danish FoodNetwork that works to generate growth and development in food SME's. FOOD's Head of Department Michelle Williams is a member of FoodNetworks board.
- FOOD is part of a large national joint application entitled "Rethink good food". The application has also led to Aarhus and Central Denmark been appointed as European Region of Gastronomy in 2017