New catalouge with ideas for master thesis projects in Department of Food Science
A joint venture between universities and private enterprises has resulted in the development of a tool that can measure the degradation of the muscle structure in mechanically separated meat (MSM). All MSM is currently sold as a low-value product – although part of it is actually of high quality.
Michelle Williams from the Department of Food Science is coordinator of a new multi-layered project to unleash, stimulate and use European research potential for exploiting new opportunities in the fresh produce category.
Lime, fibre and stevia provide a cocktail of ingredients that can be added to fruit juice to increase its nutritional value and promote the sensory experience of the juice.
- Wed 17 Aug
- 14:00-16:30 | Pometet, Agrovej 1, 2630 Taastrup
Project day on natural pest management for organic apples
Watch and hear more about the results from the two research projects ProtecFruit and EcoOrchard.
- Thu 18 Aug
- 08:00-16:00 | AU-Aarslev
PhD course: Introduction to multivariate data analysis (chemometrics)
- Thu 18 Aug
- 08:00-13:03 | AU-Aarslev
PhD course: Introduction to metabolomics
- Fri 02 Sep
- 10:00-16:00 | Tangkrogen i Aarhus
Food Festival 2016
Once again Department of Food Science will join Food Festival at Tangkrogen in Aarhus
List of staff at Department of Food Science
Master's degree programme: Molecular Nutrition and Food Technology
FOOD involved in national initiative
- FOOD involved in NIC - National Ingredients Center
- FOOD involved in Danish FoodNetwork that works to generate growth and development in food SME's. FOOD's Head of Department Michelle Williams is a member of FoodNetworks board.
- FOOD is part of a large national joint application entitled "Rethink good food". The application has also led to Aarhus and Central Denmark been appointed as European Region of Gastronomy in 2017