EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers.
This is achieved through our 6 strategic objectives:
- Overcome low consumer trust - supporting European citizens in the transition towards a smart food system that is inclusive and reassuring
- Create consumer-valued food for healthier nutrition - enabling individuals to make informed and affordable personal nutrition choices
- Build a consumer-centric connected food system - developing a digital food supply network with consumers and industry as equal partners
- Enhance sustainability through resource stewardship - developing solutions to transform the traditional ‘produce-use-dispose’ model into a circular bio-economy
- Educate to engage, innovate and advance - providing ‘food system’ skills for students, entrepreneurs and professionals through advanced training programmes
- Catalyse food entrepreneurship and innovation - fostering innovation at all stages of business creation
Download our Strategic Agenda for 2018 - 2024 here.